CoolPax™ Vests are designed to be worn under Tyvek suits to provide relief from heat while processing scenes in hot environments. The system includes a vest constructed to hold 4 cooling inserts. The cooling inserts are made with a Phase Change Material (PCM) -a non-toxic, carbon based material, with a high heat of fusion. Simply put, PCM absorbs heat as it changes from solid to liquid PCM. The inserts freezes at 58F/14°C and remains at that temperature for 2-3 hours while in use. The quick phase change allows users to recharge the inserts cooling capability in 35-40 minutes by placing in a freezer or ice water.
Vest is sold with 4 phase changing inserts and a cooler/carry bag. The carry bag will keep extra inserts charged for a day and can also be used at scenes as a receptacle to store ice/water to recharged inserts.
Vest is designed with:
- Front Zipper
- Adjustable side gusset for optimal fit on all body shapes
- 100% cotton vest - provides comfort and washability
- One set of 4 Cool Pax™ inserts included with each vest
- Insulated cooler carrying bag included - helps keep Cool Pax™ colder longer
- Sizes (Male): XS/S, M/L, XL/XXL, 3XL/4XL
- Color: Royal Blue