** Call for Quote**
GLScan SP Imaging system for capturing images of traces on Gellifters
- Auto Exposure
- Two LED light sources with variable light intensity
- Third LED light source for near oblique illumination
- On screen comparison of images
- Image enhancement and annotation
- Instant re-scanning of images increases efficiency
- Real time adjustment of exposure and illumination settings
- Settings Wizard and Assistant to provide the right image in only one scan
The scanning unit is fitted with a highly sensitive CMOS camera. The camera scans the Gellifters at a resolution of over 1000 ppi. This resolution makes 3rd level detail examination of finger marks possible and clearly shows the even finer detail in footwear marks.
Images obtained with the GLScan SP can be loaded into most automated fingerprint and palm print identification systems (AFIS and APIS).
For the GLScan FP and SP imaging systems a new light source has been developed to illuminate the Gellifter during scanning. This LED light source provides for an even illumination of the entire surface of the Gellifter. The system contains two light sources almost coaxially illuminating the surface. Depending on the kind of mark lifted, this can be a very faint dust mark or a highly reflective fingerprint powder, one or two lamps can be used. In addition the intensity of both lamps is fully adjustable.
The high intensity light enables the camera to work with shorter exposure times while delivering an excellent image within less than a minute.
A third lamp is available providing near to oblique illumination. This lamp is intended to be used when scanning marks on Gellifters of which most of the reflective black gelatin surface is covered with dust.
The variable exposure time and adjustable light intensity allows for imaging of nearly invisible to highly contrasting prints on the black Gellifters: from faint dust marks or direct lifts of latent marks, to those developed with cyanoacrylate, to prints developed with silver coloured fingerprint powders.
The control software for the GLScan SP is still as easy to use as the acclaimed software used to control the original model.
The new GLScan SP software now comes with a boost of new features like:
- Bi-directional scanning for instant re-scanning of the Gellifter at optimal exposure and illumination settings suggested by the system.
- Real time adjustment of illumination and exposure settings. These parameters can be adjusted during scanning while the image builds up on screen. Finding the right settings is made easy in this way, subsequent use of the bi-directional scanning facility shortens the time needed to get the best final image.
- Image enhancement features such as invert, rotate, flip, histogram and brightness and contrast adjustment.
- Image comparison tool which allows the operator to compare two images side by side and to make annotations on the images.
The GLScan SP imaging system consist out of the GLScan SP scanning unit, a Windows operated PC, a large 30” monitor, a vacuum pump and vacuum tables for scanning Gellifters from 5x5 to 18x36 cm.